VivaMalta - The Free Speech Forum - Capture the Universities!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 26, 2017, 12:18:21 AM

Home Help Search Login Register
+  VivaMalta - The Free Speech Forum
|-+  Imperivm Evropa
| |-+  Dominium
| | |-+  Capture the Universities!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Capture the Universities!  (Read 1902 times)
shadow cup
James Cauchi

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 04:16:51 AM »

You may call our University what you will but the University is still a place where the intellectually finer members of society are in the making.

I will agree that quality should come before quantity. I will also agree that our University could be better planned.

However it still represents what Malta currently holds as its main bastion for tertiary education and it is through the University that people gain credibility in the form of certifications of competence in specific fields (not that this system is exactly optimal mind you).
Report to moderator   Logged
Placed by Circumstance - Seeker by Design - Philosopher by Choice - Path Forger by Destiny...
 \' \' \' \' \' \' \' \' \' \' [/CO
Joga

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 05:08:17 PM »

America was built on Illegal Immagration by white folks (marco polo was the main human Trafficer) they have no right to be Against illegal immagrants look what happend to the Native americans.
But we? we Maltese? Living on a tiny Rock? By God We Do have the right!
We are not a detention Centre ... Whatever DCG Says !!! *weeps* :)
"I am the stone that the builder refused I am the visual, the inspiration, That made Lady Sing the Blues...I\'m the spark that makes your idea bright
The same spark that lights the dark, So that you can know your left from your right...,I am the ballot in the box, the bullet in the gun, The inner g
albertbc
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 06:01:36 PM »

Quote from: shadow_cup
You may call our University what you will but the University is still a place where the intellectually finer members of society are in the making.

The University is a disgrace.  All it produces are people who can most probably reproduce quite a few quotes from textbooks but seem to have lost the power to use what's between their heads.

Our University does not encourage or stimulate intellectual thought.  One goes there, memorises (a.k.a. studies) a few things, gets their certificates, and, in some cases, become self-proclaimed intellectuals.  As for those who simply study to find themselves a good job...well, they find out that the University omitted to teach them one very vital thing - how to apply all their theories to the real world.

Anyway, could say much more on the topic to substantiate and add to my argument but 2nd half about to start so I'm off.
shadow cup
James Cauchi

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 08:56:51 PM »

The university is still the best of whats left (Couldn't resist the Hot Shots reference ;c). Many moans I've had (not on this site) about the deficiencies of our education system.

Any reform is too far over the horizon however. In the meantime the least we can do is respect the current institution as a temporary measure.
Placed by Circumstance - Seeker by Design - Philosopher by Choice - Path Forger by Destiny...
 \' \' \' \' \' \' \' \' \' \' [/CO
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2012

VivaMalta - The Free Speech Forum, Capture the Universities! - Theme by Mustang Forums