VivaMalta - The Free Speech Forum - Malta’s membership of the European Union

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 01:56:43 AM

Home Help Search Login Register
+  VivaMalta - The Free Speech Forum
|-+  Miscellaneous
| |-+  European Union
| | |-+  Malta’s membership of the European Union
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Malta’s membership of the European Union  (Read 462 times)
Hastings

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 05:16:15 PM »

The beauty of this Idea is that it will solve most, if not all, of those anomalies that you mentioned with a laissez-faire approach. Like I said before, the biggest political problem of the current EU is that it legislates where it shouldn't and does not legislate where it ought to.

With regard to the Greek financial crisis, the Greeks have only themselves to blame now. After voting in successive governments who milked the country dry with false hopes and promises, the electorate once again recently refused to grow up politically-speaking.       
On the other hand, the Germans have been working themselves silly and, notwithstanding the historical baggage, have built up the largest economy in Europe.

I agree with a lot of what you say! and I also agree with the fact the
 EU tends to medal in members domestic situations that don’t concern
 or should not concern them.

However I do feel that you have missed out one critical part of your statement,
 and that is the fact people tend to be greedy, once in power. There is a saying,
"Absolute power corrupts absolutely", in my opinion that is the main problem
with the EU.

Every venal politician and corrupt official in the EU uses the argument that ‘the
end justifies the means’ in order to continue battening on the people and enriching
themselves at our expense.

As far as Greece is concerned I also agree with you, however if the likes of Germany
 and France had not allowed them to join in the first place, after knowing that the
Greek, economy was not up to joining the euro, Greece would have just continued in
 its own way.

If because of their corruption they went bankrupt that would be up to them, but I
believe EU helped put that country in the position in which it finds itself. Germany
 is the country in the EU who has profited the most from the euro.

Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2012

VivaMalta - The Free Speech Forum, Malta’s membership of the European Union - Theme by Mustang Forums