VivaMalta - The Free Speech Forum - World Cup - SA 2010

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 03:17:09 AM

Home Help Search Login Register
+  VivaMalta - The Free Speech Forum
|-+  Miscellaneous
| |-+  Sports and Fitness
| | |-+  World Cup - SA 2010
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Cup - SA 2010  (Read 5629 times)
etoile noir
« on: June 07, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »

there should be some interesting developments during the coming world cup taking place in south africa, hence new thread.

this is for starters:  a friendly match where tickets were available for free - gratis.  some locals tried to get in with photocopies of the freebie tickets, and havoc ensued -unsure-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1284460/WORLD-CUP-2010-Chaos-South-Africa-fans-injured-following-stampedeNigeria-North-Korea.html

England's security chiefs held an emergency meeting with World Cup  organisers on Sunday night after safety concerns were triggered by a  stampede at a friendly between Nigeria and North Korea near  Johannesburg.

Fabio Capello?s team play Platinum Stars in a  practice match on Monday, with free entry to the 20,000-seat Moruleng  Stadium, near Sun City.
FA officials went on another visit to the  stadium for this to ensure all safety precautions have been taken.

They  want to ensure nothing is left to chance after Sunday?s problems when  Nigeria fans crowded around the main stand, causing a crush which forced  the referee to stop the game for five minutes so fences could be  removed.

Stampede: Fans try to break through gates at the  match between Nigeria and North Korea in Johannesburg

Hundreds of fans, holding what police said were photocopies of  tickets, stormed a gate after the match had started at the Makhulong  Stadium in Tembisa.

More than 20 were injured, including at least one child as well as a  policeman who was seriously hurt when he was trapped under a gate.
An  FA spokesman said:  'Safety and security come first. We have met the  stadium management and we are in contact with the local organising  committee to ensure appropriate measures are in place.'

With the eyes of the world on South Africa ahead of the tournament  which kicks off on Friday, the incident rekindled memories of a stampede in the Ivory Coast last year when 22 supporters died at a World Cup  qualifier.

There was also chaos when Argentina opened training to the public  yesterday as locals seized the chance to see some of the world?s best  players.

Chaos: Fans fall on each other prior to the  match in Johannesburg

There is huge interest in England?s game today and Platinum  Stars  keeper Tapuwa Kapini said: ?Everyone who has a chance to see the match  will try to get in. It is a one-off opportunity.?

But on Sunday night the World Cup Organising Committee moved to  stop a repeat of the day's events by asking fans not to turn up without a  ticket.
?Tickets for each practice session will be distributed  beforehand and not at the stadiums,? said their statement.

Bloodied: An injured supporter in Johannesburg  where thousands of fans caused a stampede

?The OC appreciate  the excitement and euphoria around the teams now  in South Africa but would like to reiterate the call for fans not to  attempt to enter the stadiums where training matches open to the public  are being held if they have not received a ticket.?
 England?s security team visited the Moruleng Stadium and are  insisting only 12,000 tickets be issued.
 The organising committee responsible for the game, along with the  Platinum Stars and the police, will be on red alert and the Platinum  team manager Obed Legobate insisted: ?Tickets for the game will be  issued on a first-come first-served basis four to five hours before the  kick-off.?
 Children from a local orphanage will be guests of England at the  match.
Report to moderator   Logged
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 09:39:15 PM »

Stampeding out of AFRICA...BIG CIRCUS...NO BREAD !!!
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
 Shakespeare.Hamlet. Act 1 Scene5.
 When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable,
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

MY BONDAGE IS MY FREEDOM, FOR THE CHOICE IS ONLY MY OWN.
cosmicwonderer
KAMIKAZE

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 02:48:08 AM »

It seems that great minds really think alike, Etolie! I was thinking of starting a new thread on World Cup immediately I heard the news on ONE Radio.In this World Cup...sono sicuro che ne vedremo delle belle!Is that blood on the supporter's face. Looks bright red paint to me.
KAMIKAZE

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 04:18:24 AM »

It seems that great minds really think alike, Etolie! I was thinking of starting a new thread on World Cup immediately I heard the news on ONE Radio. In this World Cup...sono sicuro che ne vedremo delle belle! Is that blood on the supporter's face. Looks bright red paint to me.
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 11:27:11 AM »

No shortage of sexy males. The world cup is the equivalent of the Miss Universe contest, up to the point where (some) players would wear anything to flaunt off their sex appeal. This is Rio Ferdinand showing off in S.A. I?m quite glad he picked up an injury that rules him out.
MORE FOOTBALL and LESS NONSENSE for a while please, let`s just enjoy the show.
COME ON ENGLAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

cosmicwonderer
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 08:55:25 PM »

yeow gross
if i was in a bad mood i would have moderated that - for ugliness[/quote etoile noir]

Football Divas.

Don`t get too surprised...here`s a few more narcissistic show offs.
Hope they show off some other kind of skills for the following month.

Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)

Dave Beckham (England)

Fabio Cannavaro (Italia)

Ronaldinho (Brazil)

Member's of Italy's national football squad posing for Dolce & Gabbana
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

cosmicwonderer
KAMIKAZE

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 04:05:14 AM »

Underworked, overpaid, vainglorious retards. Thanks etoile.

On the other hand, why are the white farmers still in South Africa?

They should sell their crops, sell their farms to blacks, torch the farms and head back to Holland with the money and let South Africa starve to death!
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »

Sorry EN, didn`t mean to offend you. I posted the photos in an attempt to ridicule the CIRCUS. These footballing "men" are nothing but overpaid gigolos that are being USED by the Elite in an attempt to glorify globalization through every possible means. Why is it being held in South Africa JUST at this precarious moment? Both North and South Korea are participating.
I actually fear a big scandal or even worse to happen as the competition gets hot. Pity, because I have always loved the World Cup, but it has become a political farce.
And Kamikaze...I do agree about the white farmers. They should get out of Africa and let them take care of their own stinking business. Deport ALL africans back home and let them take care of themselves.
To each his own.
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

cosmicwonderer
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 11:18:09 AM »

you didn't really think this event would have been possible in SA without the boers' food did you?
[/quote etoile noir]

Good point. I overlooked it. The tribesmen would never have got this far without the centuries of guidance by europeans. In a different scenario where the european culture was inexistent in Africa, the only sport would be head-hunting !!! LOL.
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

cosmicwonderer
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 02:37:12 PM »

BREAD AND CIRCUS? YOU BET !!! Not much different from the hearty messages of courage that Ceasar sent to his legions during the wars of the Roman Empire. Gladiators in the Collosseum Arena blinding the hungry mob`s feelings of helplessness whilst Ceasar urges his troops to murder more hungry mobs.

David Cameron reads out a reads out a message to British soldiers from Fabio Capello

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1285819/WORLD-CUP-2010-Afghanistan-troops-send-good-luck-video-England-squad.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0qXz5ufsC
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

cosmicwonderer
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2012

VivaMalta - The Free Speech Forum, World Cup - SA 2010 - Theme by Mustang Forums