VivaMalta - The Free Speech Forum - World Cup - SA 2010

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2018, 06:20:52 AM

Home Help Search Login Register
+  VivaMalta - The Free Speech Forum
|-+  Miscellaneous
| |-+  Sports and Fitness
| | |-+  World Cup - SA 2010
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: World Cup - SA 2010  (Read 5625 times)
oebalus

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2010, 08:16:09 PM »

The greatest goalkeeper of all times was Leiv Yashin ( the panther). His lithe , tall, symmetric athletic figure singled him out from the rest of the " pack". Another good ( for a one match only) goalkeeper who won the hearts and plaudits of the english was a little known mustachoid and bowlegged Argentine keeper named Rugilo. This man put up such a stout resistance that singlehandedly stemmed the ferocious onslaught of the english strikers in an international match played at Wembley in June 1950 ( or there abouts). The English public and comentators were of the opinion that Rugilo miraculous saves staved off at least 7 clear goalscoring opportunities by the English forwards. The final score was 1-0 in favor of the English, but Rugilo carried the admiration and acclaim of the spectators and sports writers to such a degree that they gave him the nickname of " the lion of Wembley". Those days were different days, the English teams were of thoroughbred english stock, not today's teams of African innoculated players impersonating " English players". The British Premier league should change its name and be called the " multuracial purgatory premier league "; or " Dante's inferno footbal league" . There is nothing British of the premier league and there is nothing European of European teams and UEFA cup tournaments. These are nothing more and nothing less than wild African festballs corrupting and vitiating anything resembling European.
Report to moderator   Logged
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2010, 10:11:26 PM »

Ah, Lev Yaschin yes of course I had not forgotten him...It`s just that I have not had much opportunity to watch him in action. But his reputation is well recorded. Rugilo I have never heard of, but I?ll take your word for it.
As for the present Premier League...IT SHOULD BE RENAMED "PRIMATE LEAGUE"...LOL.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
 Shakespeare.Hamlet. Act 1 Scene5.
 When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable,
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

MY BONDAGE IS MY FREEDOM, FOR THE CHOICE IS ONLY MY OWN.
cosmicwonderer
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 05:32:40 PM »

I was browsing here and I remembered this quote:-
[quote Gladiator] You are right Cosmi. or Spain. They got rid of that Brazlian wanna be Spanish - monkey - Sena who was in their 2008 Euro Cup win![/quote]

You could be either a good football coach or a prophet. How much did you win on the pools when you bet Spain to take the trophy?
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

cosmicwonderer
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2010, 03:23:32 PM »

We`ve Seen the Hall of Fame
So here`s the Hall of Shame...

Worst XI  players South Africa 2010.

June 26, 2010

By Norman Hubbard
(Archive)

For some, it is a case of goodbye and good riddance. There are major underachievers among those heading home early, as Soccernet's team of the worst performers from the eliminated sides shows. In most cases, reputations have been tarnished and careers damaged. It barely needs saying that this side will be managed by Raymond DomenechGoalkeeper: Ri Myong-Guk (North Korea)

no_sourceNorth Korea's goalkeeper Ri Myong-Guk reacts after Portugal's seventh goal.

He began the tournament as probably the best protected goalkeeper in South Africa, stationed behind the massed ranks of a determined defence. When North Korea did concede, to Maicon, there was a debate if the goal was a shot or a cross: whichever, it was the consequence of a positional error by Ri Myong-Guk. He could be faulted, too, for more than one of Portugal's seven strikes, particularly a Tiago shot that slipped through his hands. Perhaps Kim Myong-WonRight-back: Gianluca ZambrottaCentre-back: Fabio Cannavaro (Italy)
An automatic selection in the best 11 of the last tournament, Fabio Cannavaro is, sadly, a shoo-in for a rather less prestigious place in this team. Italy's imperious leader became a liability, culpable for goals scored by Antolin Alcaraz, Shane Smeltz and Kamil KopunekCentre-back: Eric Abidal (France)
The Barcelona defender asked to be omitted for France's final game against South Africa; on reflection, it may have been better for Les Bleus had he submitted his request a match earlier. A poor attempt to play offside allowed Javier HernandezLeft-back: Patrice Evra (France)
Watch Patrice Evra in action for Manchester United and he ranks among the world's finest left-backs. See him in this World Cup and very different conclusions can be drawn. The ease with which Mexico's Pablo BarreraRight midfield: Sidney Govou (France)

no_sourceSidney Govou of France: Worst in South Africa?

Fathoming Raymond Domenech's way of thinking is no easy task and one that is perhaps best left to the few who share his peculiar logic. Yet of all his questionable decisions, the faith in Sidney Govou brought some of the strangest. Often anonymous, when Sidney Govou was prominent, it was for the wrong reasons: an early sitter against Uruguay denied France the chance to start their campaign in style. Yet he was selected ahead of superior players, whether Florent Malouda, Yoann Gourcuff, Mathieu Valbuena or Thierry HenryCentre midfield: Sani Kaita (Nigeria)
World Cup campaigns contain turning points. It doesn't require a genius to identify the most significant in Nigeria's competition. Leading 1-0 against Greece, Sani Kaita's needless kick at Vasilis TorosidisCentre midfield: Giorgos KaragounisLeft midfield: Claudio Marchisio (Italy)
Marcello Lippi tried Claudio Marchisio as a trequartista and as a left-sided midfielder but the Juventus player was equally ineffective wherever he was used. For a footballer who began the tournament in the position coveted by generations of Azzurri Striker: Alberto GilardinoStriker: Nicolas Anelka (France)
It appeared one of the great injustices of international football that a player of Nicolas Anelka's considerable gifts had never appeared at a World Cup. Now that sympathy seems utterly misplaced. Having missed out in 1998, 2002 and 2006, Anelka's contribution in 2010 consisted of two dismal displays and the humiliation of becoming the first player to be sent home from these finals for disciplinary reasons. Inept as Raymond Domenech's management was, that does not excuse Anelka.
Substitutes: Faouzi Chaouchi (Algeria), Craig Moore (Australia), William Gallas (France), Gennaro Gattuso (Italy), Kader Keita (Ivory Coast), Zdravko Kuzmanovic (Serbia), Valon Behrami (Switzerland), Yakubu (Nigeria), Abdelkader Ghezzal (Algeria), Harry Kewell (Australia), Georgios Samaras (Greece).
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

cosmicwonderer
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2010, 06:48:14 PM »

I AIN`T SPONSORING NO SOUTH AFRICA. I`m just an ordinary football loving guy. So what do we do next? Stop watching football and start watching curling, golf and ping pong? Wouldn`t help much if they held the championships in Tel Aviv, though, would it? It`s boxing day are You on the warpath?
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

cosmicwonderer
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2010, 07:48:50 PM »

Quote from: cosmicwonderer
I AIN`T SPONSORING NO SOUTH AFRICA. I`m just an ordinary football loving guy. So what do we do next? Stop watching football and start watching curling, golf and ping pong? Wouldn`t help much if they held the championships in Tel Aviv, though, would it? It`s boxing day are You on the warpath?

You`re probably pissed off because five italians are included in the goon list ! LOL.
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

cosmicwonderer
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2010, 07:51:00 AM »

Quote from: Sepp44
It seems like the geezer who wrote the article has strung together his own team citing those players who under performed or were disgraced to be his xitt XI team.A bit like fantasy football but instead of the best,one strings together the worst from one tournament.

Italy were dismal in this tournament.However,more than 50% of the French team were non European and Muslim to boot.Their tantrums and disrespect to the manager and to the French nation showed beyond doubt what they think of France and to what France has allowed them to become.Ignorant,prejudiced,disrespectful,ungrateful wogs of the first order.

Because of their behaviour on the pitch,the 'French' team should be banned from the next tournament.The Italians played crap,fielded 11 Italians and made no excuses for their poor showing.They acknowledged their shortcomings and apologised to the Italian people for haveing let them down.Very sporting,very professional.The same cannot be said of the nigggers that France imported and fielded on the behalf of France.-thumbdown-

Agreed 100%...the wog team called FRANCE should be banned from entering football competitions until La Vrai France gathers together a set of REAL frenchmen that can kick balls on a field. The wogs really demonstrated to the world the degree of respect they have for the host country that picked them out of the jungle, gave them a life, and made them millionaires. It was a spit at the face of France in the wogs own backyard...Africa. Serves La belle France right for fielding shameless opportunist wog immigrants led by a senile manager.Where`s Juste Fontaine, Michel Platini and Eric Cantona? If I had my way, I?d dump Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspurs from Champions League too while I?m at it. I remember one match between Chelsea and United where only three englishmen were on the field among 22, and the managers weren`t English either. Also...NO TURKS in the Deutschland team, DANKE. Germany has enough brilliant players in Bundesliga and doesn`t need Ottoman kebabers to do the job.

Below...Congo team? No, France.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:21:06 AM by cosmicwonderer » Report to moderator   Logged
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

cosmicwonderer
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 03:06:19 PM »

Quote from: etoile noir
double lol :D

what makes you think there's one ounce of italian blood running through my veins? -unsure-

What are complaining about then? You said I was supporting the vuvuzele circus...Take another look at the list...5 Italians, 2 greeks, 3 aussies, 1 serb,1 swiss, 1 korean and the rest are wogs. Where do you get your logic from?
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

cosmicwonderer
cosmicwonderer
Loyal Member

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2011, 12:27:32 AM »

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20110109/local/how-can-malta-get-to-the-world-cup

OH ! That`s easy...get a jewish manager. Not only will we qualify, I?ll guarantee we`ll win the WORLD CUP 2014.
must be the truth.
 Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

cosmicwonderer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2012

VivaMalta - The Free Speech Forum, World Cup - SA 2010 - Theme by Mustang Forums